CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Football anyone ?


Yeah !!! Its finally here...FOOTBALL...and all I can say is I LOVE IT !!! It is so much fun to watch these kids play. This is their 3rd year together and they are finally getting each other. They practice 5 nights a week for 2 hours...they smell more like they do it for 10 but oh well thats part of football I guess. We were afraid Logan wasn't going to be able to play this year because on the night of their scrimage he hurt his ankle so he walked the side line after 3 plays...I was so mad I thought he was being a baby (mean mom) but we got him a brace (notice it in the pic above) and all is well. I think he thinks it makes him look tougher !!! They have won the first two games the first against Syracuse (yes!!!) and today Clinton. I even wore a West Point Football shirt...I was afraid not to after Gary spent money on it !!!


One funny thing from the game today...there was a lady standing next to me and her husband was kinda being mean about the things she said about the game...clearly she doesn't know all the calls and rules...what woman really does...anyway he kept correcting her...one time she yelled "nice block" to one of the players. He told her its not a "block" we are on defense its called a "tackle"...well I had listened nicely long enough and turned to him and said "you know women see the game differently than men she saw the team doing something good and was excited about it". I said it joking so hopefully he wasn't offended !!! If he was he better get to know me better !!!




Nice "block" Logan !!!



Kinda hard to see...but that is Logan in the back...all you can see is his hands...he almost had an interception !!!




Since Logan plays safety most of the tackles are made before they get to him...this is my safety cause I dont have to worry about him missing to many tackles...but then again if he does miss them they will score...unless they trip themselves !!! HAHAHA !!!



Going for the "block"




After the game Coaches talk...cant wait to get in the car with that "sweaty" head.



By the way I had Logan help me with the difference between "tackle" and "block" in these pictures...I don't want anyone telling me I don't know my stuff !!!

2 comments:

Huffstuff said...

Ya gotta love football. Funny thing, Hayden hurt his ankle in his scrimmage game as well, has a brace and iced it all last week. Maybe weak ankles run in the family. Glad to see he is winning, so far we have lost our first two games. Better luck next week, we hope.

Lindsey said...

I love to see Logan love something so much, I'm pretty impressed also by your new love of football.