CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 1, 2008

Their Back

Every year of Garys life he has gone to the Uintahs camping and fishing for a week. It started when he was young and his dad would take him and his sisters...great stories from those days !!! He was definitely the "chosen child" who did no wrong...must come from being the only boy !!! This is my favorite picture of him from those trips.




After we were married Gary would just go with a couple of his friends, then when Logan turned 8 it was his turn to be included...happy day !!! Girls have never been invited but that is ok we have our own fun at home...its called peace and quiet...with no big brother to pick on the girls !!!


This is the first year that I have let them take my camera since I have two now I figured I could afford to loose one should they break it !!! I'm really glad I did they got some good pictures to go with the memories. The only thing they haven't learned is that if you want a picture you need to have the camera with you at ALL times. Logan caught a 15 inch Tiger Trout...which I'm guessing is kinda rare...I'm not up on my fish lingo...anyway they didn't have the camera so Logan ran back to the trailer to get it...Gary was holding the fish and before he could get back the fish was gone...ooops Gary.


Here are a few pictures...



The one that didn't get away !!!



He did manage to keep a hold of this one...the reason Logan is in his under ware...well Gary threw one back and after it swam off a few feet from the shore it started floating so Logan was sent in to get it !!! I swear the stories of them fishing makes me wonder if this was their first trip !!!

Logan retrieving the fish...I'm sure he was real upset when Gary told him to jump in after it...the kid loves water...he should have been born a fish.


At their camp there was a tree someone had started carving with a chainsaw that looks just like our dog Brandy...its kinda weird to think about because this is more than likely her last camping trip...she is getting so old...hopefully no one cuts it down...we will have a monument to Brandy at the camp ground !!!





Someone is sure going to miss her next year !!! They are home in one piece which is always a comfort to me. Abby is mad she has never been camping in the Uintahs which is not true she went when she was almost a year old. Well she tells Gary its not fair so he told her she cant go til she is 8...he obviously didn't think that one through very well because she will be 8 next month...she thinks she is going next year!!! We will see who is stronger her or the age old rule "this is a guys trip" !!! TO BE CONTINUED NEXT YEAR !!!








6 comments:

Lindsey said...

This would be fun trip just to be a fly on the wall or tree because those boys are hilarious if you ask me! I can only imagine what goes on up there :) Ten bucks Abby goes next year, she pretty much gets her way!

Jake and Whitney said...

It looks like they had fun. That picture of Gary is cute. Poor Brandy I hope she enjoyed her last camping trip.

The Harward Family said...

I cracked up at that first picture of Gary, he was such a cute little boy though. I don't buy Logan's story about why he is in only underwear. That boy would walk around in only underwear if he could! He is such a dork. I love him, he is the funniest kid I know. Sounds like they better make room for one girl on the trip next year! I'm with Lindsey except I'll put in $50, I'm that confident Abby will win. That girl is stubborn! Love her though.

Tiffany said...

Oh Gary what happened? jk He was a cute little kid. Know wonder your kids are so cute I just always thought they got it from you.
What a fun trip. Does Logan's girl friends know his in his underwear for all to see? lol lol
He is so cute!

laceemo3 said...

Im so glad you found me I love blogging its a great way to keep in touch!!!!! This summer has been crazy so my blog is lacking but when school starts ill get back to it!

Tiffany said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you had a good one....
Sorry I'm a little late we should do lunch.
I love being the same age even if it is only for a few days (lol)