CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 12, 2008

My baby's Baptism





Its hard to believe that I'm at this point in life where all my kids are born, blessed and baptized. Yesterday was Abbys baptism, it was a very nice day, I enjoyed having my family all here with us for Abby. She has been looking forward to this day for 2 years since Kadee was baptized...I'm not sure if it was being baptized or being able to have her own scriptures !!! She has been hyper ALL WEEK...driving everyone in this house CRAZY. I believe it is true the closer you get to 8 the harder Satan works on you !!! Abby has pushed it to the limits all week long...not listening to anything you ask her to do and....walking home from school Thursday she decides she needs to go to the bathroom....those of you who know how close we live to the school it would have been no problem to hold it right....WRONG....she finds a bush in the parking lot of the park and squats !!! Around 7 that night Kadee decides its time to out her sister for what she did on the way home....can you imagine my surprise....that my little girl would do such a thing ??? Oh wait this IS Abby we are talking about....so there wasn't much surprise!!! Needless to say she spent the rest of the night in her room!!! When I told Gary he just LAUGHED for a few minutes then he says I understand why little boys would do that but what would make a girl want to do it ??? Good question....Abbys answer....well mom I really had to go !!!

The baptism was really nice....my dad did the baptism and confirmation....I love him so much for doing this for my kids....he has been there for them from the delivery room on....yes he was in the delivery room for all 3....I didn't have the guts to tell him he couldn't !!!! He takes that VERY personal!!! (Family joke there!!!) But I am grateful for him and the example he is for my family. Aaron gave the talk on Baptism, he used the example of Alice in Wonderland and how she stayed on the right path and found her way back home....he did awesome !!! Thanks Aaron !!! Lisa gave the talk on the Holy Ghost she does so good speaking in front of people....the thing Abby took from her talk was that if she is fighting with Logan and Kadee and I ask her to stop even though they really deserved it she HAS TO STOP !!! (Thanks Lisa I will let you know how that goes !!!) And I loved the stories about Tanners experiences when he learned about the Holy Ghost....he is so funny !!!



At the end of the meeting the counselor from the bishop brick spoke and asked Abby if she felt any different....she thought for a minute and said "NO"!!! I could have died !!! Not sure what she was expecting !!! I don't think the counselor expected that answer either he wasn't sure what to say !!! One thing I'm sure he learned is that with Abby anything can happen !!! My dad even held her under for a few seconds and then asked me if I thought that was long enough apparently it wasn't!!! I know that she felt something when you receive the Holy Ghost it is something you never forget its something that stays with you forever.


Thanks again to everyone who helped make this a special day for Abby !!! We really appreciate it !!! And that is the last for a FEW years....next time will be if Logan decides to go on a mission....





Abby in her baptism dress Sunday morning....can you believe one day it is nice and green and the next there is 5 inches of snow !!!

8 comments:

Huffstuff said...

Congratulations Abby! I loved this post. Even though I don't know her I feel that I do. Where did she come from? She looks beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I think she learned it from her aunt Whitney! I never would teach her anything like that I have never even kissed a boy!

Lindsey said...

It was a realy great day, I'm sure we all will remember. She is definatley a firecracker! She is so cute though.

Haley said...

Congrats to Abby- she looked so pretty for her big day. How nice of Aaron and Lisa to do talks for her. What great aunts and uncles she has!

laceemo3 said...

That dress is so beautiful and she looked beautiful in it! Love the fluffy dress days!

The Harward Family said...

I laughed so hard that she just dropped her pants to pee in the bush. Didn't she do that at the park before? I can't go potty that way, I pee all over myself. I can't rough it in the mtns. for that reason. TMI, I know! I love that little girl, she's always making me laugh!

Jake and Whitney said...

Nicole is a little liar she is the one who taught me everything I know. haha. Abby is so funny that story about her and the bush reminds me of another story... Danielle pooping on the front porch and putting a rag over it and dad stepping in it hahaha. She must take after Danielle.

April said...

Abby looks so beautiful! What a great day for you guys!